Update: I'm into the 7th chapter of "I HOPE THEY SERVE BEER IN HELL" and the deeper I get into the book the more frustrated I become with dating. It's reasons like Tucker Max, the author of this highly entertaining but absolutely repulsive book I am reading that I seriously want to become a lesbian at times! (I never would but I've flirted with the idea of being successful with a female more times than males!) Nonetheless heterosexual I remain and absolutely discouraged. I never look for love, but let's face it...I'm 26 and the last long term relationship I had was when I was 19-and I would say now that even that could have been a false alarm.
I really am entertained by the dating business. I've been on match.com for several years for different reasons: to cure boredom of surgery #1, to engage in in-depth conversations, to meet people in a new area, to have someone take me out and treat me like a queen-ha just kidding!, and to cure boredom of surgery #2! Of all the time I spent on match-I've had 2 guys that I was really into dick me over and the last hurt the most for the fact that I learned absolutely nothing from it and still til this day cannot say for what reason was I dismissed.
I mean seriously-as a female our biological clock is ticking and believe me when I say that I am not excited to think that one day I will have a child/children, but I feel like its getting close to that time and how could I possibly conceive with someone if I am not with that person, fully in love and MARRIED! Yes, I know this is 2009- but unlike the rest of the women in my family, I'd like to be married first. No disrespect to those before me that were not married, its just a goal I have for myself.
Dating can be fun. I've recently vowed to stop soaking in my misery over the last one and start fresh. I almost have the attitude of Tucker Max-get as much as you can and enjoy yourself (minus the sex thing) with as many guys as you can! So, within the last week or two, I've had 3 different guys take me out for dinner. 2 were friends I've had for a few years now, the one was a guy a bit older than me, who I had a blast with! Nothing like having a good dinner, some laughs and a Wii date! What makes dating so terrible is the entire GET TO KNOW YOU phase. Minus that awkwardness of asking WHATS YOUR FAVORITE THIS, DO YOU LIKE THIS? It all is pretty entertaining. You get to know a person on some type of level. However, once you're really into each other, doesn't things change? You find out the quirks of that particular person and suddenly things change.
Can we just skip the get to know you phase?
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment