I am the first to get up to a good tune and boogie woogie woogie, but this year is a bit different. Its the first year that I absolutely did NOTHING on New Years! I'm 26 years old how lame is that? Not really my fault. I mean I HAD plans, but let's just say that the past week and few days since surgery A LOT has changed.
If I had to some up my emotions during this holiday season it would be with the word: numb.
The medicine that I am on for the pain of my knee has left me just that-well I guess the surgeon really left me like that because he was the one that probed my muscles and nerve endings and tissues and whatever. ...and so it goes.
It's prob best if I leave out what is really making me feel so empty inside at the moment and just touch base with how the rest of Christmas went and how New Years went as well as the surgery.
First things first: Christmas: Spent a few days at mom's house and a few days at my house. I hadn't been scheduled for PT which was very surprising to me, so I started doing some things on my own at home. Leg lifts, quad contractions and even pumping my ankle as if I were driving. All things necessary to eventually run...but as well all know, we have to walk before we can run now don't we? I was pissed at first because I didn't have PT right after like we had discussed and I keep comparing this surgery to the last time I had surgery on the same knee and then realize WAIT-I can't do that. Its totally different. I mean think about it-if someone were to wear their favorite pair of jeans the first time the jeans would fit like a glove. By the third or fourth wear, the jeans become a little loose. The same goes for the elasticity of ligaments. The first time you injure it, it forms back the way it was for the most part. Each time after, then loses some of its stiffness. It becomes more lax.
My best friend Nicolette gave me a coach wristlet that is in a very shade of teal. She loved the Nike outfit I got her as well as the picture frame I made of us two.
Everyone seemed pleased with Christmas gifts and I even managed to get my cousins something.
Nic took me to a house party of a woman that we both know that she works with for cheer leading coaching and I was a lil hesitant because I couldn't get into a pair of jeans and I was barely walking with my crutches at that point. I went though because I know that I needed to get my mind off of things and get out of the house. I think I was beginning to smell myself-that stale stench of "I've been in the house too long" smell. I ended up feeling a lil sick and was exhausted from just playing catchphrase and being in a chair-so after two or three hours Nic drove me home. It was great to be out and I thank her a lot for getting me out!
New Years-pathetic. Like I said, I had plans and then ended up being at my moms. She doesn't celebrate much of anything anymore. I was in bed by 10, by choice and really just not even excited that another year has passed. I woke up and played wii with my Mom and Len and then watched two good movies on TV: Double Jeopardy and Resurrection of a Champ. They were great movies! I even caught a bit of the Mummers Parade. I think its awesome how much time and energy they spend on the costumes and performance. It would be awesome to be out there one day on the streets watching them, but really I hate the cold so perhaps NOT SO MUCH!
The doctor has me starting PT on Monday and wants me out of work for two weeks. I don't know how I really feel about the latter part, but it is what it is and I can't help that. I know it would be difficult to be on my feet walking around all day.
I guess I will have to wait till next year to do my Mummers Strut. Hope you had a Happy New Year!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment